Individual donor designations will be honored to the donor’s choice to the greatest extent possible. Please consider at least a $50.00 donation due to the administrative requirement of designations. The Board of Directors has the authority to redirect gifts that do not meet the criteria toward other needs in Campbell County.
1. Eligibility: Organizations must be recognized as tax exempt agencies as defined under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code in order to be eligible to receive designated contributions. If a local agency is an affiliate of a larger organization and shares the same 501(c)(3) designation, the local agency must prove that it is a separately governed organization that may receive direct contributions.
2. Confirming eligibility: 501(c)(3) status must be verified through Guidestar.org, United Way Online, or with a copy of the designated agency’s IRS determination letter. Note: United Way of Campbell County (UWCC) has already verified 501(c)(3) status for all current Partner Agencies.
3. UWCC will provide agencies benefitting from designations with donor contact information unless donor has indicated they wish to remain anonymous on the pledge form.
4. In order to equitably recoup campaign and administrative costs, Agency Designations will be assessed a fee:
*Designations paid up front in the form of cash, check or credit card will be assessed a fee of 10% of funds collected, up to a maximum of $100.00 per gift.
*Designations in the form of a pledge to pay at a later date (payroll deduction, bill me or ACH) will be assessed a fee of 15% of funds collected, up to a maximum of $100 per gift.
5. UWCC will pay designations in a timely manner. Payments are based on actual cash received, reduced by the campaign and administrative costs fee. UWCC does not apply a general uncollectable rate (shrinkage) to designation payments.